Monday, May 14, 2007

Fun Weekend

I haven't blogged in awhile and I don't feel I have anything profound or meaningful to discuss so I'm just going to write about my weekend.

My parents were in town visiting last week Wednesday through Sunday. They were here for a conference in Portland and they stayed at the Flanders house Wed., Thurs., and Fri. night. It was fun to host my parents at my house with Erin & Staci. I think they had a good time getting to know my roommates even though they were busy with the conference most of the day. I feel like the tables were turned since they were sleeping in my bed, eating my food, and using my bathroom! :) But still, some things haven't changed, as my mom didn't want to finish off my milk that I bought for her stay with me.

Friday, I got to have lunch with my friend from Slovenia Summer Project, Adrienne. She was going through Portland on the way home from a Canon Beach vacation with her husband and son as well as another couple and their son. It was the first time I got to meet Tyler and he was cute. You can visit her blog for pictures of him. We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory which was yummy - plus Adrienne was so sweet and bought my lunch. It was great to catch up with her.

Saturday morning Staci and I had a fun adventure going to the downtown Saturday Farmer's Market in the park blocks by Portland State. It was so much fun - chilly out - but there were a ton of people and dogs wandering the booths sampling cheese, lavender jam, olive oil, breads, pastries, and much more. I got some fresh vegetables and strawberries, YUM! We're going to have to make that a Saturday tradition.

Also on Saturday, Cas threw a bridal shower for me and it was an office meet family time. It was great to have my mom, aunt, and cousin there as well as multiple women from the CRU office. We had a lot of fun playing games, eating cheesecake, and opening gifts (well I opened the gifts but they watched). It was a great afternoon.

Saturday evening, my parents and I had dinner at my aunt & uncle's house to celebrate Mother's Day and we rented Dreamgirls. I thought it was a really good move - although I did fall asleep in the middle. I would still recommend it though.

Sunday my parents and I went to church and then to the Milwaukie farmers market which was fun but they seem to have a lot more arts and crafts then produce. But we enjoyed deep fried zucchini and asparagus which was a fun treat - and was not as greasy as I thought - probably still bad for me but I figured at least I was eating vegetables and not a deep fried Twinkie or anything like that. I think my mom had a good Mother's Day and I know she's gonna enjoy the free Starbucks she got.
That pretty much sums up my weekend. It was really tiring but it's now Monday morning and I'm feeling more refreshed and glad that it's going to be a warm day today. That's definitely something to celebrate.

3 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

I found that both profound and meaningful.

Bird said...

That's really cool, that the weekend was filled with activity, and yet you found rest in the midst of it. How sweet.

Kerri said...

why aren't there pics of your gifts? They were so nice. I loved hearing about your weekend and glad I was a part of it!

Powered By Blogger