Sunday, January 04, 2009

Tidbits

I just got home from work being probably the 5th or 6th person to drive on the roads and freeways since it started snowing. There was no snow all night and then at 9 it starts coming down like crazy. I'm ready for spring but thankful I don't still live in Pullman!!

The next two days I'm off and have a big list of things to do. But I haven't blogged in awhile so here are some tidbits of our lives over the holidays.

-Christmas Eve & Christmas Day were fun - we spend time with both families and got some nice gifts.

-One of the gifts we opened was the 25th Anniversary Edition of Trivial Pursuit which we then attempted to play. Apparently our whole family needs to brush up on our current pop culture and recent historical events because we had to amend the rules just to get through the game in under 3 hours!

-The week after Christmas we had Chinook winds that blew all the snow away except for the large piles in parking lots.

-It then proceeded to rain which made roads skating rinks and I slid into one said pile on the way to work one morning. I was fine and my car was fine thanks to Chris & the nice man who pushed me out.

-New Years Eve was spent at our pastors house with lots of games, Rockband, food, and good times with friends. Chris especially love Rockband. I knew he liked to sing but boy he gets into it!

-Last Friday it decided to snow again and then drop to 20 below temps keeping said snow and ice thawing in the day and freezing at night. And now we've got more snow on top of that ice! Isn't winter grand?

-Chris has two interviews this week: one Monday with Pioneer Seed and one Tuesday with Syngenta. Please pray he would hear quickly about a job. He's tired of this extended weekend and we're ready to start saving for our future.

-We took down our Christmas tree today and when we moved it outside there was a pile of needles about the size of the tree in it's place. Hhhmm, a little dry. Reminds me of this Garfield cartoon.

-I'm feeling spring cleaning coming on so my plan these next two days is to tackle the dust bunnies and scuff marks on our wood floors from moving the furniture back into place after taking down the Christmas decorations. I'm now a firm believer that I only want wood floors in my kitchen & dining room. Too many dust bunnies!!!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Bird said...

Sounds like an eventful new year and Christmas!

Powered By Blogger