Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bits & Pieces

I realize I have not posted in quite awhile so here are some tidbits of what's been happening in our neck of the woods:

Will you be my Neighbor?
Last week we lost our neighbor directly across from us. So that means that we have no next-door neighbor, no upstairs neighbor, and mostly no neighbor upstairs and next-door because he isn't home enough to constitute living there. He's either on a work trip or playing golf. We overheard from some maintenance guys that our apartment complex has lost over 30 people this past month. HHMM...maybe it's time to lower rent! I vote in favor.

The Diamond Cut Shredder of Doom

I've been going through a spring cleaning phase early this year and wanted to shred a bunch of papers and stuff we don't need anymore. We borrowed my parents shredder and then my mom told us there were shredders on sale at Target and offered to get us one. We went with the $30 model a nice black diamond cut shredder with a shredder for CDs even. Well, it only lasted about 5 days before I broke it by sticking an envelope through that was too fat. I reversed it and pulled it out but the damage had been done. It had started to bend some of the teeth. Now every time you stick a paper through it automatically gets wrapped around the teeth and the shredder starts smoking. Buyers beware!

The Smell of Coconuts.

My parents took us out to dinner at Red Lobster last week because I was craving their new tropical seafood dishes. I had the Hawaiian Shrimp and Salmon. It was actually coconut shrimp and I almost couldn't eat it because every time I smelled it, the coconut smell reminded me of sunscreen. It's been aptly renamed as "Sunscreen Shrimp". Delicious.

1 comment:

Bird said...

I, on the other hand, had incredibly fresh yummy seafood caught earlier in the day. A whole fish, and a whole crab. Yum!

Powered By Blogger