Thursday, March 19, 2009

Waiting

We do a lot of waiting in our lives. I've done a lot of waiting recently. Waiting for Chris to get a job, waiting for him to start working, waiting to see if a better job comes along for me, waiting to see if my schedule can change, waiting, waiting waiting.

My problem has been that I haven't been waiting on the Lord to provide all the things mentioned in the above paragraph. I think that definitely has made the waiting harder because my heart hasn't been feeling encouraged.

But God has been so faithful. He provided Chris with a new job - not Chris' first choice - but after only 3 days of starting his training Chris loves it. He really is going to be working with some great people at a great company that is growing right now and is definitely more stable then St. Michelle has turned out to be. And as Chris starts working our budget will be coming back into play. I can't believe how excited I am to stat budgeting again and getting starting on our Dave plan - paying down debt and saving, saving saving (hopefully for a house)! :)

After yesterday, things might be changing at work too. In fact, I don't even know if I should be blogging about his right now because it could change but my schedule might be getting back to a place where I can have Saturday nights free again. I haven't been to church since Valentine's Day because I've been working every Saturday night and it has been really discouraging. I have desperately missed the fellowship and feel like I don't have time for friends because I'm constantly at work when they're free. I had planned on talking to my boss about seeing if I could possibly get maybe even just 2 Saturday nights off for April - switching working weekends with another co-worker. But what was so encouraging is that before I even approached him about it, he approached me and told me he wanted to get the schedule to a place where I could have Saturday nights off again - and possibly the whole day!!! Wow! Thank you God for being so faithful.

This week has given me so much hope and excitement and I feel so undeserving of it because I've been so unfaithful to God. It just shows me His unfailing love and new mercies each day.

3 comments:

Bird said...

Aren't you glad that he is faithful, even when we aren't? Let me know how it turns out!

Matt Mikalatos said...

Thanks for sharing this, Carla. Good thoughts.

SnoWhite said...

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoy the photos.

It's awesome how faithful God is...He continues to amaze me daily.

Powered By Blogger