Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Faithful Reader

This post is dedicated to my most faithful reader - my Aunt Emma! She told me this weekend she checks my blog every day and as a result has also kept up with a lot of my friends blogs who I have linked on my sidebar.

I was excited to hear she reads so faithfully. When you blog, sometimes you aren't sure who's reading it and if they like it or not. It's good to hear that someone does.

The reason I talked to her about blogging was that I saw her in Portland this past weekend at her "Celebration of Life" party! It was a great event celebrating the fact she is cancer free and also done with teaching. There are some great adventures that lie ahead for her.

The party was held at her friends home with a great number of her family and friends in attendance. It was a great time. The house was beautiful, the food was good, and the company as even better. I took along my camera to take pictures for her and will get a few up here on the blog later after I edit them.

I also had a great time catching up with a couple friends in Portland while I was there. I wish I could have stayed longer. I also wish Chris could have come but he was busy working on Saturday so we are already planning another trip in the fall when he can tag along.

Thanks for reading Aunt Emma! I love you a lot and was so glad to celebrate with you this past weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for faithful readers! Hey, whatever happened to that idea of us blogging about reading? Books, the library -- it had something to do with that!

Are we still on for Saturday? I'll call you later this week!

Powered By Blogger