Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Update

Well now that it's Friday again I thought it was about time to write a post about last weekend! I've sat down to write a few times this week but always have been distracted, mostly by our dog. She loves to go outside during this summer weather.

And it has been summer weather. True to the Tri-Cities last weekend it was over 100 during the hydroplane boat races on the river. We went out and sat above Columbia Park on Canal Drive. You can sit up there for free and have a birds eye view of all the action in the park (minus the drunk people milling around). We went on Sunday for the air show and some of the races. It was H-O-T!

The air show was really cool with an F-16, F-18 as well as some stunt planes. I've never understood the boat races though. It's sort of like NASCAR on the water. Hard to tell where the start is and when the end happens because they do warm up laps before the actual race. Like I told Chris - I enjoy sports I can understand and I just don't understand the boat races.

But one thing I did enjoy was our camera! Chris got lots of great pictures of the planes in action as well as the hydros. Such as these:






This weekend we are headed down to Prosser to visit some friends & family on Sunday. Saturday Chris works so I am hoping to hang out with friends if they aren't busy. Maybe at the pool. :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger