Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh what a day...

Today started out like any other. Get up, take Tinkerbell for a walk through the neighborhood, get ready for work, rush out the door 5 minutes behind! Well today that didn't work out so well because my car wouldn't start!

Chris has a car that he doesn't drive because of his work truck so I thought I could drive his car. But unfortunately he had his keys wwwaaayyy out on a farm. Too far to come give them to me.

Cue slight panic. How am I going to get to work? How am I going to make my dentist's appointment? If I make it to work, how do I get home?

All it took was a few text messages and so many friends responded to help. It wasn't fun not being able to drive myself but I was so thankful for the willingness of people to help out.

What great people we are in community with here in the Tri-Cities. And although my visit to the dentist was not necessarily fun (cavity fills) it turned out to be a good day after-all. Plus tomorrow's Friday so it can't get much better then that.

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

glad you made it ok!! I would hate that too! I have been stuck at the vanpool with no keys to my car before...

Hugs and have a great weekend!

Powered By Blogger