Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Twenty-Eight

Inspired by my friend and fellow blogger Jessica, I decided to list out twenty-eight things I am thankful for as I think about this last year of being twenty-seven and a new year of being twenty-eight. In no particular order.

1. Jesus. He is my Savior, Rock, and faithful friend in every situation.
2. Chris. I love being married and it's fun to see where this life will take us together. He's great!
3. Tinkerbell. It's so fun to have a dog. She is always ready to hang out and give kisses. She even behaves well - most of the time.....
Ok maybe those first three were in order! Haha.
4. Coffee. I don't usually have it everyday so it's a treat for me. I love iced white mochas.
5. A promotion at work. I have been so glad to get a promotion at work and move to a job with better hours and more responsibility. Even though I still feel sometimes like I don't know what I'm doing, I am learning.
6. Garden fresh tomatoes. My grandma grows plenty and they are so delicious. I wonder why I even bother buying them in the store. I should just fast form tomatoes all winter and overdose in the summer.
7. Having family close by. It's nice to know they're just a short drive away.
8. Greenbluff. Fall is on it's way again and it is so much fun to drive up there to eat apple dumplings, get a pumpkin, drink apple cider and enjoy the fall beauty.
9. Our church. Crossview has been a huge blessing to us and we are looking for more ways to get involved.
10. WSU. Or more accurately my WSU experience. Chris & I are both full fledged Cougar fans and we love going back to visit our school. Whether it's a football game, basketball game, or just going to Pullman to see family & friends, we love it! I will always cherish those memories dearly.
11. God's creation. We've been getting to see bits & pieces of His creation in our area but I love the mountains and ocean most of all.
12. Old Friends. It's great having people who know you well even if they're far away.
13. New Friends. What a blessing to have made so many new friendships here. I am so thankful for these new people in our life.
14. Games. I love playing board games and I don't do it nearly enough. So during this 28th year I hope to do it more.
15. Sunshine. One great thing about the Tri-Cities is that most summer days are sunny with blue sky for miles and miles.
16. Swimming. So glad we got another summer in at our apartment complex so we could use the pool. Even if we didn't go nearly enough. Swimming is one of my favorite activities.
17. Blogging. It's so nice to stay connected to friends through the blogosphere and I am always finding new and interesting blogs to read. Plus it helps me keep everyone updated on my life and get my thoughts in order.
18. Cooking. I like finding new recipes to try and enjoy spending time in the kitchen. Cooking is very relaxing and it's fun to create delicious things to eat and share with others.
19. The Office. A strange thing to put on my list but I really love that TV show. It's kept us entertained with new episodes in the fall and reruns of the classics in the summer. Good ol Michael Scott and his crew. What would it be like to actually work there?
20. Chocolate. This one has to make the list. It's my weakness and I love it. Plus if you go dark it's good for you!
21. Photography. It has become my hobby and I hope one day to make some extra money with it. Practice, practice, practice.
22. Trees. This may sound strange but I love driving down a street lined with giant leafy trees and I also enjoy the changing of the colors in fall.
23. Our ice cream maker. We don't use it nearly enough but it's always a great treat to enjoy any time of the year!
24. Small Group. This last year I went from leading a woman's group to being involved in co-ed small group. Both have blessed me so much not only from the friendships but also from diving into God's Word and holding each other accountable.
25. Buying new clothes. This ties in with my new work promotion. It came with no uniform which means I get to shop for and wear my own clothes. And I love shopping.
26. Our health. Every year we make it through without a major illness or anything going on is a blessing. Thank you Lord for protecting us.
27. Our apartment. It's not the best place because it's pretty small but we are blessed with a roof over our heads and a maintenance man to fix everything.
28. Ok I had to add it: LOST! My all time favorite TV series. I was sad to see it go this year but am working on collecting all the season on DVD so we can watch it whenever we want.

3 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What is Greenbluff? It sounds awesome!

This is a great list, Carla! I love it - I was excited to know so much about you already :)

If you guys get cable or reception, can we watch the season opener of The Office this fall? :)

Carla said...

Greenbluff is a bunch of farms up north of Spokane that have fruit picking in the summer and then in fall they have pumpkin patches, corn mazes, arts & crafts, food, and so much more! Mindy goes every year with some people - you & Matt should join us this year.

And yes you can totally come watch The Office!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Carla,

This is such a great idea I am going to try it with 61.

Favorite Aunt

Powered By Blogger