Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Final Cake Class!

Our last cake decorating class was this past Monday. We had to bring a cake ready frosted and ready to decorate. I had a slight issue with that. Saturday morning I mixed up the cake mix and baked one round. After cooling it I attempted to invert it onto the cooling rack but the cake had other ideas. It waned to stay in the pan! Half was totally stuck and half came out. :( So I poured the other half into the cake pan but it was only about 1/3 full. So my cake was pretty small. But it worked out.

We practiced making ribbon roses which is hard but even if they don't turn out perfectly they still look like roses so that was nice. I wrote "Property of Wilton" on my cake as a joke. Since it was a Wilton's cake decorating class and we bought a lot of Wilton's products for the class.

It was a fun experience but I am thankful to not have to spend my Sunday afternoons making copious amounts of frosting with Crisco anymore! My next cake will have real butter-cream frosting even if it isn't as stiff - it just tastes better!

The two friends that I took the class with have decided that we need to have a holiday cupcake baking/decorating party so we can keep up with our skills. It should be fun.

Here's the final cake:


No comments:

Powered By Blogger