Friday, March 15, 2013

The First Month

I cannot believe that Mister Ben (new blog name perhaps?) will be one month old this coming Monday! And that his actual due date is Sunday. I could still be pregnant right now - something I can't even imagine currently.

We have survived the first month. He is gaining weight well (we will see how well Monday at his Dr appt) and sleeping fairly well. We still do go by our alarms for feedings but he is starting to wake up and tell us when he is hungry now which is great. It will be challenging when I go back to work but I am committed to breastfeeding and pumping for him during the day as long as possible. I have already put a little bit of a stockpile away in the freezer for when the time comes.

This first month has been hard but also such a joy. I can't even remember what life was like without him here. My heart has grown this past month and I love this little boy so much. Everyday I think about his future and how I just want the best for him.

This first month has also given me new perspective on my relationship with God. We have been reading The Jesus Storybook Bible to Mister Ben just about every day and I love the way the author relates all the stories to Jesus coming and dying on the Cross for all of humanity. It's amazing to see her tie the whole bible together. I just think about how much more Jesus loves my son even then I do and I see how God loved his Son so much but willingly gave him up because he loved us more. It truly is amazing what a sacrifice was made.

Here are some pictures of our first month and I will update on stats after his appointment Monday.





Look how much more he fills up his carseat now since he came home from the hospital!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger