Tuesday, September 12, 2006

100%!!!

I finally reached 100% in my support raising. Many of you already know but I wanted to share some of the details.

Last week, I found out that I was still needing 100 dollars in monthly support in order to be at 100%. I was already coming into the office and attending some meetings but I was not getting paid or signed up for benefits because I still needed support.

So I spent the remainder of the week trying to get ahold of people that I had not heard from yet and asking monthly supporters to see if they could increase.

Well Saturday I got a fun phone call. My friend Kristen, who I met in Lake Tahoe, is going on staff with Campus Crusade and is raising her support to go to the University of Oregon. She called me up and said she wanted to give me her tithe out of the donations she received for the month of August. She received $5,000 in donations so that made her gift $500!!! I was blown away by that gift because it was $40 in monthly support that I could now count. I praised God and even cried a little when I got off the phone because of the huge blessing it was.

That added with some generous monthly supporters who could increase their giving led to my support coming in more abundantly than I even needed! Praise the Lord! :)

This week I will start sitting down with Kelly, who was the hotel liason in the past, to sort of work out a job description for me and start getting in touch with the conference center and hotel for the big Winter Conference in December. I am so excited to see what is in store and also a little nervous as well because this such an important job. I feel like the people here have such high expectations for me, sometimes I am not sure I will be able to fill the shoes of those who have been here in the past.

But God is faithful as I have seen and I should never doubt his strength for me.

1 comment:

Bird said...

Yes, he is the one who brought you, and the one who brought you is faithful.
I am excited to hear the 100% story! I know the Lord will continue to bless you for your steps of faith, far more than you can imagine.
I love you! Thanks for calling this weekend, it was good to chat.
Linnea
PS Check out my blog, b/c I tagged you on my last post.

Powered By Blogger