Thursday, October 19, 2006

GO COUGS!

I am so pumped up to attend the Cougar Football Game this Saturday. They will be taking on the Oregon Ducks - with the highlighter yellow jerseys - extra bright so you can see them get trampled on the field. ;)
Since moving to Portland, I have become somewhat of a rebel - living in Duck & Beaver country. I mean Beaverton? Silly name for a town if you ask me. But I do not care about all of this - I proudly wear my cougar clothes and drive around with my alumni license plate cover.
WSU was just a great place to go to school - I can't explain it but the school spirit there is something special. Especially in the fall. There is nothing like standing around for two hours (after being up half the night partying with the alumni in the parking lot turned RV park) and rushing into the stadium (after first removing all lids from water bottles, having your backpack searched, and getting a free pack of sunscreen that is hardly enough to cover your nose) only to find that you have to wait in ANOTHER line to get to the student seating section. WHAT?
After the hassle of getting to your seat, you sit around for two more hours counting down until kickoff. Kickoff is the best! The band playing, the crowd yelling, keys jingling, the Cougs running out on the field - no other experience.
And of course nothing beats Glen Johnson's voice over the speakers - "and that's another Cougar First Down"! Take of all of this plus Butch, cheers, screaming fans, high fives, the marching band, $5 water, $8 pretzels and you have the best Saturday experience you can imagine!!
So, anybody want a ticket?

1 comment:

Bird said...

Even after reading your description of Cougar games (which was very well written indeed), I am still at a loss to know why there are so many fans, and what the attraction is. And what is it about the Cougs anyway? I won't pick on you too much, b/c I am simply being cynical all the way around. Of course, until I come across something better, I will say, "Go Beavers!" :)

Powered By Blogger