Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm Engaged!

Wow, I cannot even believe that this is true. Chris & I are engaged. I'm reminded of it whenever I look at the beautiful ring on my finger. It seems so strange to think about being married, in the role of a wife, Chris in the role of a husband.
It is so foreign but so exciting at the same time. I have been thinking and dreaming and wishing for this day for such a long time - always a little envious when I heard another friend who became engaged and now that day has finally come. I'm not sure how to feel, what to think, how to act, what to do first.................but I suppose all of that comes in good time.

The Lord prepares us in such good ways for these things. For me, really teaching me patience and trust in Him and His plan for my life. I want our wedding and our marriage to glorify God and show others His great love for us. That is a big desire of my heart.
What a sweet time, I feel so loved by the Lord and by Chris and by all of our friends who share in this excitement. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We are so excited for you both, God is in charge and He has done well. We will be watching as you grow.

Love you (HUGS) George & Patricia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know that you two will have a happy life together.

Debbie L.

Bird said...

Let me know when you want to go dress shopping. :)
I felt the same way after we got engaged--not sure how to react or what I should be feeling. Isn't that weird? I felt like someone needed to tell me how scared and excited and overwhelmed I was, or someone to tell me what to feel. Enjoy the ride!

Powered By Blogger