Friday, October 06, 2006

One Month!

Ok so my one month anniversary of living in Portland was September 26th and my first anniversary of working was October 5th so I thought maybe I should evaluate how life in Portland is going. Here is a list of my likes and dislikes. Enjoy!!

Likes:
-working for Campus Crusade in the Regional Office
-Starbucks
-Chiptole
-The Ugly Mug (cool coffee shop in Sellwood)
-The Rose Garden
-Tiffany - my roommate
-polite drivers (yes there are some!)
-Washington Square Mall being only 10 minutes from my house!
-working above the Columbia Outlet Store
-helping plan Collide - our CCC Northwest Winter Conference
-living close to the beach
-seeing the sunset colors from Skyline Blvd
-walking to Coldstone to get ice cream and burning off the calories before eating them!
-the bridges - especially the Steel, the Broadway, the Fremont, and the Sellwood Bridges
-the provision God has given me to live here

Dislikes:
-too many traffic accidents
-cell phone dead spots in my apartment complex
-rude drivers
-seeing so many homeless people downtown
-one-way streets
-no left turn except for buses (what's the deal with that, maybe I should buy a bus)
-crazy bikers


All in all, I have enjoyed my first month here. It has been a great learning experience but it has been a good one. My job has been so interesting getting to see the inner workings of this organization that I was involved with at WSU. It's so great to come to work every day knowing that the people I work with have hearts that burn with a desire to see college students come to Christ and then serve Him for the rest of their lives. I am so lucky to have this opportunity and to have so many people backing me in this venture through financial and prayerful support and love!

1 comment:

Bird said...

Hooray for ministry (not that all life isn't ministry...but you know what I mean!)!!!
It was fun to read this knowing it happened before the big day on Saturday! ;) How have your co-workers responded to the news?

Powered By Blogger