Thursday, December 21, 2006

First Time Again?

Ok -

So maybe I don't want to experience so many first times here in Portland. At least not with my car. It had only been three weeks since I had it towed and now it's in the auto body shop awaiting repair.

Why? Because I ran a red light (not even thinking) and a lady hit my rear driver's side tire. It was scary and unexpected and a wrench in my plans. I've been trying to look at the positive side of it - that she didn't hit closer to my driver's door or ruin more of the outside of my car, and there were no passengers with me, and we are not hurt, and there was not much traffic. Yes, that is all true but it is also true that it stinks to get into an accident. That is the simple truth! It just plain stinks.

My poor car probably thinks I don't like it as much as I really do. It's fairly new - a 2005 - and already has been scractched on theback bumper, towed, and now the suspension is messed up.

I suppose the part that really gets me about the situation is that the other lady hit me but she got to drive her car away and have it paid for by my insurance since it was my fault. Somehow it doesn't seem fair.............but when is life ever fair.

I'm not sure where I was going with this post. Random thoughts I think.......On another note Christmas is coming soon and I am trying to regain the joy that the enemy wants to steal from me through the trials I have had trying to come home to be with my family.

So I, and all of us, must remember this:

"He Rules the world with Truth and Grace, and makes the nations sing the glories of his righteousness and wonders of his Love."

I hope your Christmas Season is full of Joy, Peace, Grace, and Love.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger