Monday, September 17, 2007

This is Where I Live...

Ah, fall is coming to Pullman. It went from 80 degrees to 60 degrees this weekend and there are lots of clouds covering the Palouse landscape. The signs of fall are beginning to show up. And there are some unique to Pullman.
First of all, the best sign of fall is that the Cougs played their first home game at Martin Stadium last weekend. I love Cougar football! The tailgater's, RV'ers, sitting in the stadium 2 hours early just to get a good seat in the student section. It is GREAT! Unfortunately, Chris and I didn't go the game last weekend, instead, we watched it from the comfort of our apartment while it took place less then a mile from where we sat. Hopefully, we will attend at least one game this fall.
Another unique sign of fall in Pullman is dirt! Being a farming community with the main commodity being wheat, there is lots of dust flying throughout the air. After harvest, they go back to till under the fields getting them ready for next year. It's pretty much pointless to wash your car until it starts snowing.
Now I am looking forward to the trees starting to turn and the chill coming to the air. Although I will be complaining about the cold in a couple months, for now I am eagerly awaiting fall and all that it brings. Enjoy fall wherever you are.

1 comment:

Bird said...

I love the Palouse too, although I've never lived there. It's really beautiful, and I miss it!

Powered By Blogger