Monday, April 28, 2008

Why don't jobs just fall out of the sky?

As you can tell from my title, I'm job hunting. And it is not the most fun thing in the world. For some reason, even though I want a new job and I'm moving and have to get a new job, I have no motivation. Maybe it's the interviews I know are coming or the fact that I have to update my resume and write cover letters. I'm not sure.

For the most part, since I have graduated from college, I have had an easy time finding jobs. My first hotel job after college came easily because I knew the hotel owner and they needed someone. And then after that I had a great time interning with Campus Crusade in Portland. That job was fairly easy to get, considering after I was accepted I only had to raise my support. Which was hard at times for sure, but I knew God would get me there. And then after that, it seemed as though God provided me a job here in Pullman, once again, at a hotel.

But for some reason, this time it feels different. This time it feels like I have a lot more responsibility and work to put into the job hunting process. Perhaps because the place I am moving has fairly limited opportunities and now, it's my husband who has the job prearranged ad not me. There is also a lot more at stake too because I am ready for a big job, a career job, a job where I am paid and respected for the time and money I put into earning my college degree. A job where I can use the skills and gifts and talents I have been given for a good purpose. And that's kind of hard to find.

So here I sit, supposedly working on my cover letter, but instead blogging. Ah, procrastination. My favorite pastime.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger