Monday, June 02, 2008

Awful Beautiful Life

This is the title to a favorite country song of mine. It's got such a fun beat and it's uplifting talking about how all the regular little events of life are great. These past few weeks have been full of decisions, adventures, and events. I'll try not to ramble as I share them all with you.

It started off by going to a wedding in Prosser over Memorial Day weekend. The couple is really sweet and had been dreaming of this day practically since their first date. I've found it can be hard for me to go to weddings in my first year of marriage because the memories of my wedding are so close still. I find myself wishing I would have done many things differently based on the wedding I am at. But the important thing is that our wedding was beautiful for us and we had a great time with our friends. So I just have to let go and enjoy. The Lord provided great weather for this wedding because it had been cloudy the day before and there were clouds during the wedding & reception (both outdoors) but no rain. The couple is moving to Pasco so we will be glad to be near them in a few weeks.

That's the other thing. We have an apartment now which we are moving into on June 14th! YEAH! They finally had the style and price we wanted. The unfortunate thing is that we have to pay full rent for both our apartments in June and then we'll get reimbursed in July. YUCK! Why can't they just do the extra work and only charge us what we actually owe for the half of the month we'll live in each. It'll be a shoestring budget for June.......especially with all the driving we've been doing. But each time I worry about money, I'm reminded that God has provided everything we've needed so far and He won't stop now.

This last weekend we were up in Spokane for another wedding (currently I'm trying to load pictures onto facebook and it's not working, darnit) which was also beautiful and gave me a lot of great ideas I should have done......like unity stones. Forget a candle or sand you can't dye to your colors. Just buy those little decorative glass stones in your colors and mix those together. It was such a neat idea (a little loud during the ceremony but very pretty once completed). Chris was the best man in this wedding so that was fun to see him all dressed up and giving a toast. The interesting thing was that the mother & father of the bride also did double duty as wedding photographers. Personally, I think they were crazy. Why not just take pictures beforehand and hire someone to do the ceremony and reception so you can enjoy it? The perk is that this couple now has over 1000 pictures of their wedding day and the mother of the bride can't complain about a missed picture - because she took them!!!

Chris & I decided to drive back to Pullman through a bunch of little towns - Oakesdale and Palouse on our way back to Spokane - it was so pretty to see all the green wheat and little farms with flowers in bloom. It was a gorgeous spring day. We were hungry when we got back so I went to turn on the light in our kitchen and discovered...no power. Hhhmm..not a stormy day so that was rather strange. Our first thought was that Avista didn't get our bill in time because it was lost in the mail or something and shut us down. But they showed we had power. So we checked the fridge - everything in the freezer was completely thawed! Everything in the fridge was room temperature or a little colder. We had been gone since Thursday and the power must have been off since then we figured to thaw all our food! We finally got some troubleshooters out (since it was Sunday after all) and they figured out that our lovely new neighbors - lovely is meant to be sarcastic - blew the breaker and the troubleshooter who came to fix their power didn't realize our apartments were connected. So next it was lunch and McDonalds and a list of all the food we through out. We are hoping WSU will give us some sort of compensation for not knowing how their own apartments are wired!

Finally, I have another job interview this Friday with the Hampton Inn as a Catering Coordinator. It also sounds like fun and a job I would enjoy. I'm really hoping to be at a new job by the time we move - I really don't want to come back to Pullman to work after we move. It's only been three weeks but it's so hard to be away from Chris. I hate it! But the good news is that he really loves his job and is flourishing..hopefully a full-time job with benefits is not far off for him.

Well, it's back to fight with Facebook to upload pictures. I'll try to post more with all my spare time in the coming weeks....haha! :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger