Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Hopeful

Chris is on his third day of not working and I go back and forth between being scared and trusting God.
Last night we were talking about it and I was telling him that I feel like this is my second chance to really trust God fully for a job. It's just not me that is looking, it's him. But when I was looking for a job, I didn't work for a whole week, got scared, and took a job offered to me. Now I regret it and wished I would have waited just a bit longer to see if something better might have come along. I jumped at the job because to me I felt that was security.
Well, this time I want to behave differently. I want to really trust God fully, be positive, and everytime a worry pops into my head, I want to turn it over to the Lord and let Him handle it. All this is much easier said then done. Three days has felt like an eternity (plus there was weekend added in but we don't count that since Chris would not normally work anyways). It is hard to know how to trust God in your actions. It's easy just to be negative in your speech and sucumb to the fear.
But I trying to remeber Abraham. Last year, God showed me a passage from Romans that really spoke to me. The story is being told of Abraham and how he acted when God told him that at his old age he would have a child. It says: "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be.Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised." Romans 4:18-20.
The picture of God coming through on His promises is so powerful - it's the prince on a white horse image in my mind coming throgh at exactly the right time. So I know it won't be easy, and I will have to wait but I can only look forward to seeing how God is going to provide for Chris & I. And I cannot wait to share it with you too.

1 comment:

Bird said...

I'm praying for you two! Hang in there!

Powered By Blogger