Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I can't believe today is the first day of December. I feel fully immersed into the holiday season with lights everywhere, parties to attend, plans to make, goodies to bake and Christmas music to soak up!

We had a pretty good Thanksgiving weekend. At work we basically filled out a sheet listing our preferred off holidays and so in exchange for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off - yay! - I worked Thanksgiving evening. It's always strange to work on a holiday but people feel sorry for you and are nicer. I got a $5 tip for helping a guy with a reservation and a $3 tip for delivering a bottle of wine to a room in lieu of room service who were closed for the weekend. It'll be nice to have some coffee money especially for peppermint mochas!

Friday afternoon we had our Thanksgiving feast at the in-laws and with the in-laws. Haha! We ate at Chris' parents house with my parents and my grandma. It was wonderful. I love stuffing and mashed potatoes - why don't we eat this stuff year round?

Friday morning I also ventured out with my mom for some early morning shopping. Our biggest hit was Fred Meyer and the 1/2 off sock sale. Time to stock up. We're not ones for getting the biggest deals and plus we don't like to be up at 4am. That's just crazy.

Saturday night we hung out at a friends house and had wine and cheese and played some games. It was a great time and I can't wait to hang out with more people around the holidays.

The wedding card scrapbook is done! I really think it turned out well. Now it's on to the Christmas presents. Only 24 days to get them done. ;)

Pictures will come soon. Time to make lunch.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger