Thursday, November 20, 2008

Craft Projects

The past couple of weeks I've been working on my Christmas present project and a new scrapbook. Here's the progress report:
When Chris was still at the winery he picked me up a whole bunch of unused corks for free. I have been trying to make hot pads out of them. I think I saw one once in a store or magazine but I thought it would be really neat to have a more unique hot pad. Plus a Christmas gift that is homemade and cost me nearly nothing! :)
Well I have been trying two methods: tacky glue and hot glue. So far hot glue is proving to hold better but the glue bubbles up in between the corks so I'm not sure what to do about that. The challenge is that the corks are rounded so you have to make sure and glue them in the right spots so they sit flat on the table and aren't weakened when weight is put on them. So far I have about 5 done in trial process. Still have to test them out by actually using them. I hope to have finished project pictures posted soon.
My other project has been a new scrapbook. We received a scrapbook and some fun wedding paper from my cousin for a wedding gift. Well, now that we have a CD of wedding pictures and can make fun photo books with I-Photo, I think that scrapbooking our wedding pictures is to daunting and would probably take me years at the rate I go.
However, what to do with all those wedding cards? There were so many fun cards filled with loving and encouraging messages that I wanted to preserve them in some way. So I got busy cutting them up last fall and finally this fall I have started scrapbooking them. We got a few sheets of wallet photos from our photographer (basically proofs of all the ones we ordered) so I have used those to spice up the pages as well. I have about 6 pages left to go! Woo-Hoo! I think it will be fun to go back every year and be reminded of how many people are supporting us through our marriage. I'll post pictures of that once I finish too.
Better stop blogging and get back to crafting...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger