Thursday, January 29, 2009

I did it.

I had the day off from work today but I still went in. I've been feeling frustrated by my schedule and not knowing the truth about whether we are hiring someone new or not and when it will happen.
So yesterday I asked my boss boss (the GM) if I could speak with her about it. If you are even remotely close to me - you know even this was a big deal. I HATE confrontation. I have a hard time talking about subjects that upset me without getting emotional and crying out of frustration. I usually just talk myself out of confrontation and just keep living with the bad situation.
But last Friday I was so frustrated when I came home from work that I knew I needed to talk about it with her.
Well, today I did that. And despite the fact that the situation with my schedule won't immediately change I felt better after talking to her and getting some answers. Apparently, they are using the front desk manger's hours to work the desk so they can save having to pay an employee for that shift and the FDM will have something to do and won't leave early. And they have hired a new employee but she's not going to start until mid-February because we don't have enough business to justify her yet. So hopefully when she starts I will be freed up to go to church again on Saturday nights.
I still need prayer for my work situation. It's really hard to not be resentful that I can't have the time I want to see my friends and go to church but I know I need to be at work when I'm at work - not wishing I was somewhere else.

1 comment:

Bird said...

I'm so proud of you for talking to her! Sounds like she heard you out, and gave some semi-satisfactory answers. I'll keep praying for you.

Powered By Blogger