Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Are you Sure?

Apparently, in a survey by BusinessWeek, Portland ranks #1 in a list of the unhappiest cities in the US.

I must say that I disagree. They must have interviewed the wrong people for this survey. How could you not love Portland - the city of bridges, roses, and St. Cupcake. Plus how could you not love a city when you can get a view like this from one of its parks?



Sure with the traffic, sketchy neighborhoods, and long lines at Burgerville, some people would be unhappy but overall I don't see how you could not love this city! I'm sure if they interviewed the right people next time, they would get the different results.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is really weird! i love portland - i think i prefer it to seattle! people just don't get it... maybe they are unhappy because of the rain?

Bird said...

I think it would be depressing if only for the rain clouds for winter and no snow! (Did I just say that?)

Carla said...

But if you live in Portland you really don't like snow because when it snows the city comes to a halt. So rain clouds in the winter are actually a good thing! :)
(And after the past two winters I can't believe you did really say that!)

Powered By Blogger