Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tribute

Not the sort of tribute you might think it is. I seem to have had the worst week driving this past week. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday! I think I might just stay home not weekend - the roads aren't safe anymore.

So I decided to write a tribute to all the lovely drivers in the Tri-Cities that obviously got their license in another state where there are no rules!

Thank You to....

1. The truck driver who almost pushed me into oncoming traffic because he decided to not read the sign that said RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE and just thought he could merge with the thru lane whenever he wanted.

2. The tailgater who made me wish there was a puppy in the road to slam on my brakes for so he would have to pay for it. He was so close I could not see his hood - just his windshield and his face.

3. The honk-happy man who was mad at me because I stopped at a blinking yellow light to allow the cross lanes to go. Too bad nobody else wanted to stop - the poor lady probably never made her left turn. I guess if you're in too much of a hurry you don't have to follow the rule that a blinking red/yellow light is treated as a 4-way stop.

So thank you fellow drivers for always keeping me on my toes! And there's your daily dose of sarcasm. Hope you enjoyed.

3 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

On behalf of the tri city drivers I will say, "You are welcome." :)

Bird said...

Ah, yes, the "big city" folks coming to town. ;)

Anonymous said...

actually...yellow lights are just "show catution"...u don't have to actually stop. FYI. that's prob why he was pissed..

Powered By Blogger