Friday, June 11, 2010

Prioritize Your Life

Having a new schedule has made me realize that I need to get more done when I am home then I am used to! Let me explain. When I worked 3-11 I felt like I had so much time in the mornings to do things (like dishes, dusting, bills, etc....) and still had (or made ;) ) time to be lazy. But with a new schedule - being gone all day - I feel like I have so much more to do crammed into one little night. And I don't want to do it because Chris is home. Plus we have our dog so I feel bad running errands right after work since she's been crated all day and wants to go outside and run around.

So I'm learning to prioritize. One thing that needs help right now are my mornings. I am a morning person but I HATE to get up before 7AM. Right now, my alarm is set for 7AM but I am really good at pushing the snooze button for 20 minutes. Which doesn't help when I'm trying to get out and jog with the dog in the mornings before getting ready for work. I guess I should put my phone further away from my bed so I have to get up to turn it off.

Night-times are harder though. I never feel like doing anything when I'm home from work but once I start I get energized to keep going. So I hope to use that energy to get most things done before Chris gets home from work. It helps that it stays lighter later because I feel more awake.

I hope to start good habits now so that I can continue then into the future when we have more to get done, a bigger house to clean, and kids to chase around. But like I said, that's in the future!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger