Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Year, A New Goal

Chris and I recently joined a gym. In the past I had resisted joining a gym for a few reasons.
1. We didn't have the extra money in our budget to spend on a gym.
2. Why exercise in a gym when you can go outside? And your apartment complex has a pool? (however this only worked for me if the weather was pleasant)
3. I don't particularly enjoy working out in front of other people who are much more in shape then I am. I always feel like they really know what they're doing and I don't!

But a couple weeks ago, a new Gold's Gym opened up in Richland and one of the guys came into work to see if anyone was interested in signing up. I signed up for an appointment and we met with him the next week.

We'd been talking a lot about joining a gym to help us stay fit in the winter (and for me to still use in the summer when Chris is working). So we decided to sign up since we got a good deal through a corporate discount - and due to the fact that the gym isn't actually built yet! It's just a satellite facility until August 1st when the larger facility is done. But for now we have ellipticals, treadmills, and weights to choose from and we will look forward to the pool & classes next year.

So we did! We joined the gym. And we're hoping to make this a new year for both of us. Get in shape, lose some extra pounds and just feel better. So I thought that for some extra motivation I would share our goals with all of you so you can hold us accountable. And maybe find some motivation to make your own change this year!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger