Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Friendly Thoughts

Think about your friends. Don't we all have different types of friends in our lives? There are aquaintences - those we know a little bit but aren't deeply connected with (I think 50% of my Facebook friends fall in this category - I once knew them but we have drifted apart in life and they've become lesser known). Then there are friends from different stages of life. I have childhood friends who I created great memories with, high school friends who are dear to me still because of all the changes during those years that bonded us together, and college friends who are also dear because of how much growth I experienced with them during those years. And then adult friends, those who become friends because of similar experiences you go through together - getting married, having children, going to church/bible study, etc.
This past weekend we went to the wedding of a college friend and it brought me such joy to reconnect with college friends. These friends know me well and we shared so many great experiences in college. We learned how to share the gospel together, how to lead bible studies together, and saw each other go out of our comfort zones to grow in life and with God. And we also learned how to country line dance together! It was such a unique time in my life and I always feel so refreshed and fulfilled after connecting with these friends again.
I'm so thankful for the people God has placed in my life. And He is the connecting piece. If I were to list out the names and characteristics of my closest friends - the ones who I can talk to about anything at anytime - we all have Jesus in common. He connects our hearts together no matter where we go or what we do.
What a blessing our friends are.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger