Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Pintrest Christmas

Now that Christmas is over I can share with you the projects I made for Christmas. All inspired from Pintrest.

1. Ornaments
These were made with small styrofoam balls and buttons - lots of buttons. Tie a ribbon around to hang from the tree with and start pinning. Pin buttons all over the ball and wa-laa. Homemade Christmas ornament.


2. Coasters
Way easier then I originally thought they would be. Just find cheap plain tile from Home Depot, felt for the bottom and pretty scrapbook paper for the top. A little modgepodge is all you need to make these beauties. I especially like how the vintage Christmas ones turned out. I am going to make a couple more for our Christmas collection next year.


3. Sugar Scrubs
I made a lemon sugar scrub and a brown sugar vanilla scrub. I found sunflower oil at the local health food store and mixed with a few other ingredients makes for a delightful scrub. Hobby Lobby had cute jars but next time I think I would find jars with a seal as the screw on lid still leaked a bit if the wrapped package was jostled to much.


Besides the cost of the pins for the buttons all 3 of these were fairly economical presents and fun to make. Thanks Pintrest!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger