Wednesday, August 22, 2012

30th Birthday Weekend

I turned 30 on Monday! Eeeekk! It was not as bad as I thought it could be. What made it great was an entire weekend spent celebrating.

Friday night some friends and I (who all have summer birthdays) went out to dinner at Twigs. It was my first time there and it was ssssoooo good! Great atmosphere, great friends, and great food.

Sunday we planned to have friends over for cake and games after church. We received some last minute cancellations and I was disappointed that not as many people would be there as I thought. But there was still a surprise! While we were out picking up the cake and other goodies for hte party Chris had two friends come over and decorate our house! They put up streamers, balloons, and all sorts of 30th birthday signs. It was so much fun to walk in and see all their hard work. Thanks Sara & Kayla! We had a great time eating cake and playing The Game of Things (my present from Chris). I absolutely love that game and all the laughter it brings.

Monday I took the day off and was able to go to lunch with a friend and shopping for a bit too. A much better way to spend a Monday in my opinion.

Monday night after dinner our families came up for more cake and games. They also loved The Game of Things. My mom requested to play it at Christmastime. Which is really fun because our parents are not big game players.





Overall a great weekend. And of course there are pictures!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger