Sunday, September 09, 2012

Our Next Adventure...

Well it has been shared with the world - the Facebook world that is! Chris and I are expecting our first baby March 2013!

For the last 12 weeks I have experienced a wide array of emotions. Nervous, excited, scared, happy, anxious, excited, and happy again! Sometimes I still can't believe I am really pregnant - although hearing the heartbeat at my last doctor's appointment was a pretty real reminder.

So far I have been feeling great. It's interesting. When you are not pregnant and you hear people talk about pregnancy you hear about morning sickness, nausea, exhaustion, and many other symptions you think you will not look forward to. But so far my "symptoms" have been very mild.

In the beginning, I would feel sick in the mornings right after breakfast and throughout the morning unless I made sure I always had food in me. I eat a lot of snacks between breakfast and lunch. And other times in the day if I got to hungry I would also feel nausea. But nothing too terrible. And yes I definitely was more tired in the beginning but I have enjoyed getting extra sleep.

The only real problem I've encountered is that my blood pressure was a bit high at my last appointment. I am supposed to monitor my blood pressure for 3 weeks and check back with the doctor. I'm hoping it is due to forces not related to baby - such as stress at work! Last week was stressful.

So as Chris says, we look forward to introducing you to our new little Coug fan next March!

3 comments:

Catie said...

Carla! Congratulations to you and Chris! I am so happy to hear this wonderful news :) Are you guys going to find out the sex of the baby when the time comes?

I always wanted a spring baby, but it never happened for me. I bet it's a good time of year for having babies though :) I am so excited to read more about this new part of your lives!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

YAY!!! SO excited for you guys! We are only a few weeks apart! That is so awesome. You and I had similar symptoms - it has not been too bad. We have our ultrasound on Friday and hoping we find out what we are having :) Congratulations to you and Chris (and the furry kiddos) :)

Carla said...

Thanks guys! Aside from monitoring my blood pressure right now I am doing pretty well. And I really want to be surprised at what we are having - I just want a happy healthy baby. Cliche but true. Chris wants to find out so we might have the ultrasound tech write it down and I'll let him open it and keep his lips zipped. Ruhiyyih - I hope you continue to do well! :)

Powered By Blogger