Sunday, June 01, 2014

Memorial Day Week

What a crazy week it has been! We had a nice Memorial Day weekend and got to spend a lot of time with friends. The weather was very beautiful and we spent a lot of time outside. Benjamin loves to run in the grass and cement. In fact when he is in our yard he prefers the driveway to the grass. Silly boy.

Memorial Day Chris had to work but I went for a walk with a friend and spent the afternoon at home relaxing and catching up on housework while Ben napped.

Then my dad called me. My grandma had fallen and broken her hip. She was transported to the hospital near our house and awaited surgery the following day. A very stressful situation for my mom and her brothers.

However my grandma came through the surgery just fine (it was concerning because she also needs surgery to replace a heart valve). We spent our week visiting her after the surgery and providing a place for my mom to come get a bite to eat and rest. She enjoyed seeing Benjamin this week.

Now my Grandma has been moved to in patient rehab and has a goal of going home. Of course she is absolutely ready to go home but we pray each day she will get stronger and do her exercises to help her body recover. Her heart valve surgery will hopefully happen in late July and then she can really be on the road to recovery being able to get out in her yard again.

Here are some pictures of Benjamin and friends from a BBQ over Memorial Day weekend:





No comments:

Powered By Blogger