Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Summer of Non-Blogging

I just looked at my blog and my last post is from June 30th when I felt as though summer was just beginning. And now it is starting to wind down. What happened to July? (I probably say this every summer).

Well I can tell you that there has been a lot going on. In my new(ish) position at work I have been very very busy. We have had a lot of turnover this summer and most of it at the front desk. But now we have 2 new girls that it seems like are going to work out very well.  And just a few days ago we found out that our GM is going to be going to a new hotel opening in the town next to us and we are getting a new GM. So that will be an adjustment for sure.

Benjamin has been growing and learning more every day. He is starting to say more words but it's just a matter of deciphering them! But his most common phrase is uh-oh. It's very cute because he does a very high "uh" and a long drawn out "oooohhhhhhh".

My grandma is still waiting to have her heart valve replacement. It's been such a long process - we all just want it to be over with. Especially since she had a hang up with falling and breaking her hip. But she is recovering from that well. She has been in an assisted living facility for awhile now and my mom thought she was ready to go home but turns out she likes having people around to help her when needed plus no cooking her meals! She has an appointment with the heart docotrs coming up next week so hopefully she will get more information then.

We are excited for Labor Day weekend and a family vacation to Portland. We plan to go to the beach for the day and visit the zoo. I just hope we have great weather.

I hope you are enjoying these long hot summer days!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger