Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Importance of Flossing

Ok, I just went to the dentist this morning and so now I feel that the need to get on my soapbox and plead with all of you to take care of your teeth. Regular brushing, flossing, and flouride pays off in the long run.

Now I have never enjoyed the dentist. It feels great to have clean teeth but I grimace my way through the poking, prodding, scraping, rinsing, and all the other necessities to get there. But taking care of your teeth and going to the dentist is necessary as I found out today. Not to say that my teeth are going to fall out or anything - but there are some shallow cavities to get taken care of soon to ensure they don't fall out in the future.

It made me wonder - what did Jesus do to take care of his teeth? How did he floss, brush, and rinse with flouride in Galilee? Did Oral-B exist back then? Now you can do everything conceivable for your teeth - they can put fake ones over your real ones, bleach your real ones, build bridges and crowns, and fillings that match your teeth color - what will they think of next?

But it all comes at a great price, mostly to our wallets. So take care of your teeth now to save yourself money in the future. And hopefully you won't end up gumming applesauce when you're 90!

Happy Brushing!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger