Friday, June 22, 2007

Overflow



"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights.."James 1:17.

This week has been so full of good and perfect gifts, my heart is just overflowing with thoughts of how much God loves me as high daughter and delights in me and wants to give me good gifts.

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to hose who ask him!" Matthew 7:11
God used this verse to speak to me on Sunday at church. It was up on the screen before the service started and I had time to reflect on what it means. Later that day, driving in the car, God struck me with the thought that He wants to give me good gifts through other people. But I don't always allow him to do that. Pride gets in my way and I want to do things myself, prove that I can take care of myself and I have it all together.

The truth it that I never have it all together. I always need God's protection, provision, grace, mercy, and love. And I need to learn in my heart how to receive without thinking there are strings attached. God is not the only one who wants to bless me - my parents and my friends want to as well. Even strangers or those I don't know very well. But it all comes ultimately from the Lord and His love for me.

There has been a shift in my thinking and in my heart. I want to receive from God and learn how to just receive and be grateful and thankful. Only then, will I be able to have an overflow out of my heart of what God has done. And the overflow is where my motivation to share His love and His goodness with others comes from.
If I'm expecting that God will bless me because I read my Bible every day for 15 minutes, or pray with a friend at least once a week, or share my faith with my all my neighbors then I don't have the right attitude. I need to be so thankful, so blessed, so full of love for GOD and what He has done in my life that I cannot help but SHOUT IT OUT! "For out of the overflow if his heart his mouth speaks" Luke 6:45 So here's my shout out: God is Good All The Time!
P.S. Enjoy these pictures of the Bachelorette Party hosted by my lovely roommates! Thanks guys.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger