Sunday, May 23, 2010

Catching Up...

It has been a busy week and weekend! I just now noticed that I hadn't posted since last Saturday and announcing my job.

Well, I dived right in. This past week I have been working at the front desk but also training for my new accounting position.

There is a lot to learn. Accounts payable, accounts receivable, labor analysis, breaking down the daily report of the hotel (revenue numbers) and more! It's been a little bit overwhelming having so much to learn but I think I will enjoy this new position and being able to interact more with the manger team. It will be fun to interact with customers of the hotel as well - as I am responsible for paying their bills and collecting on debts they owe us!

I have to be honest too and say that I am also looking forward to a little bit of a break from the business of the front desk and some of the guests. They have been a little cranky this past couple of weeks. I blame it on the weather.....every day is different. Rain, wind, sun - we never know what will happen. Or else a full moon. People are often stranger before a full moon.

Chris and I both worked this weekend too. He had today off but I was at work. I am greatly looking forward to next weekend and some time to catch up around the house.

Right now we are getting ready to watch the season and series finale of LOST! I can't believe it's over. We have been watching together since Season 4 and I started watching Season 3 when I was in Portland. I was a little skeptical at first but the show has only improved over time. The theme of redemption and parallels of spirituality are really interesting and it really has become a captivating show - if you can put aside some of the craziness! But we truly are LOST fans now and looking forward to see how it ends.

Hope your weekend was wonderful.

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

I can't believe LOST is over!! CRAZY! I don't know what to do with my Tuesday nights.

I will be posting on LOST -- I'd like to re-watch it before I do so... as I continue to process it. But, overall -- I liked it :)

Powered By Blogger